Invite friends
I want  answers   advisors   relevant links   my network

How it works
Register!          Forgot password?

All Immigration Advice
Unanswered Queries
FileAgent Document Exchange
Council Members
Advisor Rankings
Top Rated Advisors
NameAsk Me Rate (in AA$)
jyothi adiraj N/A
Sencan Topaloglu N/A
desti mona N/A
Prabhakara Rao Kuppi N/A
cindy garner N/A
Amit Agarwal N/A, Ltd N/A
C. Raj, United Kingd $1,000.00   
Lata Verma $10.00   
Mitali G N/A
More Advisors...

Home > Categories > Family and Relations > Immigration > View Advice  

Query from: Dips, India, 09/09/09
Topic: IMMIGRATION      Submitted on:
Subject: Need advise regarding US visa

Is it true that once u enter USA on a dependent is difficult to change the visa status to a working visa.

I have to move to US after my marriage. At present, i am not getting any job offer from a US company. Incase If I move on a F 2 visa, and later i am able to get a job offer there..will it be possible to change the visa status from F2 to H1B, staying there in I have to come back to India for stamping the changed visa.

Rate = 2.5 (Rated by 6 Council Members)
[ This query closed ]
Response from: raghavan yr,   
Council Member on
Source: This information comes from my own knowledge.
yes u can change the visa status from F2 to H1B for which u'll have to return to india for getting the visa endorsed as H1B after a fresh interview

Rate = 1 (Rated by 3 Council Members)

Response from: Goutham R,   
Registered Member on AnswerPod
Source: This information comes from my own knowledge.
Hi It is possible to change your F2 visa to H1B on getting a job there. But you have to come back to India (some people go to Canada or Mexico) to get your passport stamped for H1B visa after an interview.

Rate = 1.5 (Rated by 3 Council Members)

Response from: sambasivan s,   
Council Member on
Source: This information comes from my own knowledge.
After marriage u can enter USA with H4 (dependent visa), come identify job and then apply for H1 (work visa). Stamping can be done subsequently next time u visit India. Ur would be husband must be able to thro some light on this. I am sure u would have verified about the status of job, company of the would-be and then decide.

best wishes for your happy married life

Rate = 1.5 (Rated by 2 Council Members)

Thank this advisor   
Response from: Anonymous ,   
Registered Member on
Source: This information comes from my own knowledge.
Hi, If you get a job offer, you can convert from F2 to H1 visa. you can apply for it beginning next April and start working from Oct'10. So, you can file in USA and change your status. The approval will issue you a new I-94. On your first trip outside the U.S. you need to go to the US Embassy in your home country and get an H-1 visa stamp. Hope this helps.

Rate = 2.5 (Rated by 1 Council Member)

More Immigration Advice


Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
Ask Agent™ Tech Support/Help
Contact Us
Advertising Program
About the Ask Agent™ technology
Affiliate Program
Celebrity Queries
Latest Updates

Get the latest queries and responses via  Add Ammas Gadget to your iGoogle
Important Disclaimer: This question and answer system is open to the public. The opinions expressed are those of their individual authors, as attributed beside each item of advice. Neither the authors nor the information they provide are endorsed by this website. We recommend using common sense, making your own inquiries, and, if necessary, seeking professional advice before relying on material generated on this site.

Copyright © 1998 - 2017
Powered by Ask Agent
Patents filed since 2001 -- Request Patent Numbers