Your baby's skin is tender and soft, so rather than give your child a hard plastic toy or a toy that could hurt their skin, make them a soft toy instead. Fleece is an affordable fabric which, combined with some Polyfil stuffing and felt, can create a sweet little toy for your little one. By choosing a fun pastel colored fabric, you can make a little monster or plush animal.
Registered Member on
This information comes from my own knowledge.
INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Mark and cut out a rectangle with rounded edges. A good size for your rectangle is about 11 inches tall by 9 inches wide.
2. Draw some hands and feet on a sheet of paper. Make sure to make them about 5/8-inch wider all around. Cut out the two pairs of hands and two pairs of feet, and pin them to the fabric. Cut out the hands and feet.
3. Pin a set of arms and a set of legs to each side of the rectangle with right sides together, and sew them on at 5/8-inch. Do this for both sides, making sure the hands and legs are on the same place so they match up when sewn.
4. Pin the right sides of the fabric together with a 5/8-inch seam allowance, and sew, leaving a 5-inch piece open.
5. Stuff the fiberfill in the open hole and adjust it. When it is filled to your satisfaction, sew the opening closed.
6. Cut out felt to create your plush animal's features, and hand sew them on.
(Rated by 1 Council Member)