I've heard if you eat raw zeer you will lose weight and drink pudina ka pani for weight lose is also very good...so I want to know if there is any other desi food items which one can eat and drink to lose weight?
Fasting on lime juice-honey water is highly beneficial in the treatment of obesity. In this mode of treatment, one teaspoon of fresh honey should be mixed with the juice of half a lime in a glass of lukewarm water and taken at regular intervals.
Obesity treatment using Trifala Trifala, an herbal combination of amalaki, bibbitaki, and haritaki is good for losing weight.
Obesity treatment using Jujube The leaves of jujube or Indian plum are another valuable remedy for obesity. A handful of leaves should be soaked overnight in water and this water should be taken in the morning, preferably on an empty stumach. This treatment should be continued for at least one month to achieve beneficial results.
Obesity treatment using Cabbage Cabbage is considered to be an excellent home remedy for obesity. Recent research has revealed that a valuable chemical called tartaric acid is present in this vegetable which inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Hence, it is of great value in weight reduction. Substituting a meal with cabbage salad would be the simplest way to stay slim.
Obesity treatment using Tomato One or two ripe tomatoes taken early morning as a substitute for breakfast, for a couple of months, are considered a safe method of weight reduction. They also supply the food elements essential to preserve health.
Obesity treatment using Finger Millet Finger millet is an ideal food for the obese, because its digestion is slow and due to this, the carbohydrates take a longer time to get absorbed. By eating preparations made of ragi, the constant desire to eat is curbed, thus reducing the daily calorie intake. At the same time, ragi supplies an abundant quantity of calcium, phosphorus, iron, Vitamin B1 and B2 and prevents malnutrition in spite of restricted food.
Obesity Diet Dietary Guidelines for Diabetes Management Here are some simple and dos and don’ts that one can adhere
- Increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables and low calorie foods. - Eat tomato in the morning and in salad. Make it a regular habit. - Mint is very beneficial in losing weight. Have some salads, vegetables with it. - Have raw or cooked cabbage as it inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. - Include a source of vitamin B-12 in your diet. - Use vegetable oil instead of butter or stick margarine. - Prefer eating steam, boiled, microwave vegetables - Eat less salty foods, alcohol, dairy products, sugar, margarine - Replace whole milk with skim or low fat milk for your preparation - Roast, bake or boil meat, fish, to destroy all the fat present
- Avoid intake of too much salt as it may be a factor for increasing body weight. - All kinds of milk products-cheese, butter, and non-vegetarian foods should be avoided as they are rich in fat. Be sufficient with twice a glass of milk. - Avoid rice and potato, which contain a lot of carbohydrates. Among cereals wheat is good. - Avoid high calorie foods like chocolates, ice cream, sweets, butter, heavy refined foods which have high calories. - Avoid meals when under stress or tension. - Stop taking bread prepared with wheat alone as the key ingredient. An ideal mixture must consist of whole grams flour and soyabeans.
Do not skip any meal Eat three regular meals a day. Avoid skipping any meal.
Small frequent well-spaced meals are desirable
Instead of eating only 2 more meals during the day like lunch, dinner, it is advisable to eat 4-5 more small mini-meals spaced between 2-3 hours apart during the day.
Drink plenty of water
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to avoid fluid retention. - Drink a glass of boiled water daily after every meal.
Other Obesity Treatment -Exercise and perspirational activities -Exercise is an important part of any weight reduction plan. A workout for at least 30 minutes to an hour every morning is beneficial. -Walking is the best exercise to begin with. Other exercises include swimming, bicycling, trekking and so on. -Curb negative emotions and develop positive outlook
Acupressure and Obesity Acupressure points such as the middle of the upper lip, below the nose and an inch below and one inch up the naval point on the stomach are points of relevance incase of obesity. Press these points 3 to 4 times a day for 5minutes each. It helps control hunger and in the overall control of obesity.
Behavior Modification towards Eating For three months, eat food by chewing a single morsel at least 50 times, so that it turns into almost a liquid before gulping it down. It has very effectively reduced the obesity of many people.Obesity treatment using Lime juice-Honey
To be honest it is not so easy to lose weight by Only eating a drinking a thing or two. It will never reduce your weight. The best way to reduce weight is through aerobic exercises and diet. Again in diet on one side you have to eat some things and on the other side you have to avoid some things.
Here are some tips for you:
1) Make vegetables and fruita major part of your daily diet.
2) Avoid high fat, high sugar bakery products, fast foods, desserts, soft drinks and confectionery.
3) avoid the use of potatoes and potatoes based articles such as chips.
4) Use only small amounts of very lean meat and poultry. You can eat fish at least twice a week, but should not be fried.
5) Drink 2 tea spoon honey in a glass of light warm water in the morning before breakfast.
6) Increase the use of juices or simple water (as much as you can or at least the amount which result in white color urine).
7) Cucumber helps to reduce weight. you should eat cucumber before meal.
8) Green tea with lemon is also benificial for weight loss. You can cosume two cup daily.
8) U can take homeo medicine for reducing weight by doctor consultation.
Hello, Make small goals. It is easy to dream about a slender body and make that your goal. This goal does however often end in disappointment. It is better to make many small goals on the way. This way it is easier to reach your goals and you feel that you are making progress which makes it easier to stick to a diet.
2. Avoid junk food: Avoid eating fast food and other junk food. It’s fattening and doesn’t help you lose weight. If you absolutely must eat fast food, give yourself one meal a week when you are allowed to eat fast/junk food.
3. Avoid fried food: Don’t eat fried food but rather grill or boil your food. Avoid using extra fat. .
4. Eat Breakfast: Eating breakfast helps getting the metabolism started. You are also less likely to snack if you eat a good breakfast. .
5. Eat fish and chicken: fish and chicken is low on fat and can make an excellent weight loss diet. Avoid fat fishes. A good cheap weight loss fish is Tilapia. .
6. Start drinking water: Soda and juice contains a lot of calories. Drink water and safe a lot calories. .
7. Start taking walks: Walking one or two times a day isn’t to hard but can help you lose weight faster. All other forms of physical activities are also good. .
8. Eat often: eating many well planned low calorie meals a day helps you keep from snacking and make you feel less hungry. .
9. Don’t expect dream results: There are many diets that promises fast results but permanent weight loss takes hard work and dedication. .
10. Eat fewer carbs: Eat less pasta and bread. Reducing your carb intake is often one of the best methods of loosing weight.
A bonus tip can be to get a dog. A dog need to be walked and will help to get you more active. Never get a dog if you don’t have the time or will to care for it.
Although there is no magic solution for weight loss, if you follow a traditional diet and eat normal quantities of food, you can lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. This means: lots of vegetables and fruit, spices and herbs, whole grains. It means no processed foods, or convenience or frozen foods, biscuits, chips, all of that stuff...if you are eating that, nothing you drink will help you lose weight!
Some people say a little hot water in the morning with honey and lemon juice helps you lose weight. I say, all desi food items will help you lose weight if eaten in moderation! I think some of the best things are different gourds, fenugreek, things that have a bitter taste help regulate your metabolism and blood sugar.
hai, Every body is unique.it is difficult to pinpoint a appropriate drink for your body type without analysing your body and drinks alone taken to lose weight take many months. "Diet and exercise loses weight equally". whichever is possible for you you can go ahead with that.to make it quickly consider both. my diet suggesion is breakfast=oat drink or wheat roti(3)or wheat noodles(oat is best for dieting ). lunch=small cup rice with some vegetable side dish. dinner=only fruit salad or vegetable salad.only dinner increases your weight try to skip it. Tips to maintain your diet 1.try to avoid snacks in between. 2.avoid the banana,oil,ghee,chocolate,too much rice,fast foods,potato. 3.keep up this for 8 days then it would become your habit to proceed easily. 4.measure your weight before and after a month .the difference would encourage you. all the best.
Every morning, on a empty stomach, drink a glass of warm water mixed with lemon/lime juice. Avoid heavy spicies and have a good exercise schedule. take up swimming. Before going to bed, drink a warm glass of lemon juice with honey.
A detoxification diet consists of water, healing foods , vegetables, fruit juices, fats that heal, and unrefined sea salt. Fresh fruits and vegetables either raw or cooked , whole grains both cooked and sprouted are all very good for health. If you can eat any of these and fast for two/three days you should be able to lose fat and that too healthily. Avoid, breads, baked goods, animal foods, dairy products etc and especially alcohol and smoking. Limu juice and honey in a acup of luke warm water, early in the morning empty stomach, will help you lose weight. All the best
Get the latest queries and responses via Important Disclaimer: This question and answer system is open to the public. The opinions expressed are those
of their individual authors, as attributed beside each item of advice. Neither the authors nor the information they
provide are endorsed by this website. We recommend using common sense, making your own inquiries, and, if necessary,
seeking professional advice before relying on material generated on this site.