Marriage Certification questions and answers

Invite friends
I want  answers   advisors   relevant links   my network

How it works
Register!          Forgot password?

All Marriage Certification Advice
Unanswered Queries
FileAgent Document Exchange
Council Members
Advisor Rankings
Top Rated Advisors
NameAsk Me Rate (in AA$)
Sencan Topaloglu N/A
desti mona N/A
La'Shonda Henderson N/A
Nagarajan S N/A
Prabhakara Rao Kuppi N/A
cindy garner N/A
Amit Agarwal N/A, Ltd N/A
C. Raj, United Kingd $1,000.00   
Lata Verma $10.00   
More Advisors...

Home > Categories > Family and Relations > Marriage > Marriage Certification > View Advice  

Query from: Anonymous, United Arab Emirates, 11/13/07
Topic: MARRIAGE CERTIFICATION      Submitted on:
Subject: Legal Indian registered (Hindu+christian) marriage requirements and rules in UAE

I am currently living in abu dhabi and my would be lives in dubai. I am a hindu and she is a christian. If i decide to get married in the UAE, i assume it would be at the embassy in abu dhabi and not the consulate? Please correct me on this. If it is in the abu dhabi embassy, where do i start from and how do i go about this ? what are the legal rules and regulations that need to be taken in consideration after the registered marriage for it to be valid in the UAE. What type of marriage would my case fall under ? Foreign Marriage Act, Hindu Marraige Act or the Special Marraige Act

I work in dubai and have a work visa, is this also called as residency visa ? She is on her fathers visa yet, so would she need any no objection from her family members ? I am 23 and she is 22. From the start to finish of the legal necessities what are the procedures i have to go through and where do i apply.

Awaiting your replies and advise .. Thanks in advance.

Top experts' rating:   Rate = 2.5 (6 ratings)
(click on stars to rate)
[ This query closed ]
Response from: Geetha Gopakumar,   
Council Member on
Source: This information comes from my own knowledge.
If you decide to get marry in UAE then you both have to approach the Indian Embassy (I assume that you both are Indian Citizens) You have to put an application/declaration with joint signature and necessary documents as stipulated, addressed to the embassy chief giving the details of residence/citizen ship here in India.

You can get married in India either under the Special Marriage Act 1954 or the Hindu Marriage Act 1955.The main reason behind passing the Special Marriage Act was to provide a special form of marriage for the people of India and all Indian nationals in the foreign countries irrespective of the religion or faith followed by either party to the marriage. The parties may observe any ceremonies for the solemnization of their marriage but certain formalities are prescribed before the marriage officer can register the marriage. It is for the good of the Indian citizens abroad, the act provides for the appointment of diplomatic and consular officers as marriage officers for solemnizing and registering marriages between citizens of India in a foreign country. The Act is applicable throughout the country except the state of Jammu and Kashmir.

for marriage solemnisation and registration etc. processing details and for the law stipulated and certian prohibition under these laws and for marriage laws and proceedings - individually to Special Marriage, Hindu, christian, Muslim, Parsee etc. please visit this site and get to know whatever information you required.…

Top experts' rating:   Rate = 2.5 (5 ratings)
(click on stars to rate)

Thank this advisor   
More Marriage Certification Advice


Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
Ask Agent™ Tech Support/Help
Contact Us
Advertising Program
About the Ask Agent™ technology
Affiliate Program
Celebrity Queries
Latest Updates

Get the latest queries and responses via  Add Ammas Gadget to your iGoogle
Important Disclaimer: This question and answer system is open to the public. The opinions expressed are those of their individual authors, as attributed beside each item of advice. Neither the authors nor the information they provide are endorsed by this website. We recommend using common sense, making your own inquiries, and, if necessary, seeking professional advice before relying on material generated on this site.

Copyright © 1998 - 2017
Powered by Ask Agent
Patents filed since 2001 -- Request Patent Numbers