Subject: how to lighten the dark skin of leg for 7 months old baby?
Dear Amma, I have a 7 month old baby girl and she has fair skin in rest of her body but has comparitively dark skin leg down. Is there a way to lighten her skin color with any home remedy? I have heard from one of my friends that mixing Badam and Khus Khus powder and applying will help. Not sure if i can do that and if yes, how and when to do that. Please advise. Thanks
Vijaya , Council Member on
This information comes from my own knowledge.
What we apply on skin depends on when we can apply?.
For babies, my suggestion would be DO NOT APPLY anything except Eucerine or Aveeno or Almond baby oil or Johnsons baby oil. Even Johnsons baby oil and Almond oil can be allergies to some of the babies. So my suggestion would be wait. One of my friend did apply Almond oil, she did not notice at the beginning but the babies back developed allergic reaction. Baby is not irritated and did not cry also. So wait until your baby can tell his/her problem (may be 2 years of age), then u can start. Until then u can use Eucerine or Aveeno baby oil just for skin moisturizer.
1) Do not apply milk, as milk has bacteria that is allergic to skin. People suggest as if for adults. No wrong.
2) Wait until the baby can convey their discomfort.
3) Always do a patch test on wrist, before applying to entire body, wait for 1 week. If nothing happened, then u can start applying to whole body.
4) Never use fairness creams on children until 15 years of age. Some say 12 years. I don't know properly. Indians crave for whiter skin, but do not know the impact of the damage that causing. It causes problems in kidney and brain. Even adult should not use it. If possible avoid sun, if you wanted to be fair. But don't use them. Sun harmful radiation have greater affect on whiter skin. So my suggestion, let you kid be brown or black. But try to avoid sun. We Indians will learn about it after 20 years or so. So by that time, the damage to the current kids is already done. So change. http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/co…
6) If you feel their is loot of difference between the body and legs, dress up the child with full pant, so that others can't see and won't comment. Or atleast u won't feel to explain them the difference. Once you stop telling the difference, the feeling that my child is having different skin color will eventually go away.
7) If you observe earlier why darker and brown faces are with no red/black spots with little exposure to sun. Sun radiation is the reason. Now a day if you observe, even they are getting spots, because they are also applying fairness cream, which will do damage at some point to the skin and internal organs also. You want babies health or fairness. You have to decide. Since depending on you, your child will learn whats best for him.
8) Me and my husband are fair, my child is brown. Most important though she is short like me :), she is beautiful with lovely feature (fair is not beautiful). After a decade brown and black will be beauty, not white.
One thing you should know, White color will absorb radiation and can cause skin problems in adulthood, wrinkles comes very fast, red/black spots will appear eventually if u stop using fairness cream. you have to use wrinkle cream, eye-blacker cream etc for the use of fairness cream. So brown/black are best. Think. If the color mismatch too much, then may be you can start applying badam paste when your child is 2 years.
My friend child is 9 year, still allergic to nulugu (telugu word, which compresses of rice flour, besan and turmeric). She tried not to use Besan, it did not work. stoped using Turmeric, did not work. So observe carefully the babies skin. Babies can't talk, so mother has to learn babies language. Even a 4 year doesn't understand some times, if she feels some discomfort in her belly.
If my friend did not tell me this, i would have behaved like you till now. But once i came to choose the health of my child, i never got worried about my childs brown color all these years. Think as a good mother. Your babies features are good, that is enough. In future we have many diseases to face due to different kinds of pollution and exposures. Better save other medicines and creams for that, not to get fair.
Hey... There is nothing much to worry... kids generally have dark legs... Anyways you can apply raw milk i.e unboiled milk. Or make a paste of creame of milk, besan(Channa dal powder) and a small pinch of haldi(turmeric)and apply and rub it after like 5 mins... it just peals out... this adds a lot of glow to the skin and results in fairness on repeated use...
sudha c, Council Member on
This information comes from my own knowledge.
your baby is 7 months old. Don't apply anything as she is baby and it may irritate her skin.Even she may get allergies if you use something. Wait for some more time before proceeding for any further home methods.
1.Prevent exposture to sunlight 2.Apply lemon juice to the effected area 3.Apply honey to the effected area 4.Massage the effected area with almond drops oil 5.Do not apply any creams. 6.Badam is very effective.
Get the latest queries and responses via Important Disclaimer: This question and answer system is open to the public. The opinions expressed are those
of their individual authors, as attributed beside each item of advice. Neither the authors nor the information they
provide are endorsed by this website. We recommend using common sense, making your own inquiries, and, if necessary,
seeking professional advice before relying on material generated on this site.