Government questions and answers

Invite friends
I want  answers   advisors   relevant links   my network

How it works
Register!          Forgot password?

All Government Advice
Unanswered Queries
FileAgent Document Exchange
Council Members
Advisor Rankings
Top Rated Advisors
NameAsk Me Rate (in AA$)
Sencan Topaloglu N/A
desti mona N/A
veronica iamlatin N/A
Andez Raj N/A
Kranthi Kumar $10.00   
Preetha N N/A
La'Shonda Henderson N/A
Cyrene Palar N/A
Bhargava BVN $1.00   
Ashok Vundavalli N/A
More Advisors...

Home > Categories > Society and Culture > Government > View Advice  

Query from: Gopikrishna, India, 09/23/08
Topic: GOVERNMENT      Submitted on: APOnline
Subject: how to apply for obc certficate?


I want to apply for OBC certificate.What is the procedure and what is the upper income limit?

Top experts' rating:   Rate = 2.5 (13 ratings)
(click on stars to rate)
[ This query closed ]
Response from: Geetha Gopakumar,   
Council Member on
The OBCs in India are a group of castes officially recognized as being traditionally subject to exclusion, while still having a higher status than Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes. OBCs comprise about half of India's population, and are entitled to 27% of the job reservations in Government employment and other benefits and concessions.The Government of India and State Governments had from time to time declared different communities and castes as OBCs by including such groups in the list of OBC.

A person intending to apply for OBC Certificate has to apply through his parents if alive or through any senior member of the family to Deputy District Collector or City District Collector as the case may be, through the Office of the Tahsildar ( Competent Authority ). The printed application forms can be obtained from said the offices/authorities and to be submitted duly filled and signed along with necessary documentary proofs/evidences to your claim to obtain an OBC certificate.Please note that a Caste Certificate issued by any person, officer or authority other than the Competent Authority is invalid.

The Documentary Proofs/Documents considered are - If a person is a permanent resident of a particular area/locality, then Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority of the same area/locality to any other person.

Copy of the Primary or Secondary School Leaving Certificate.

Copy of the extract of the Register for Primary or Secondary School, where the person was last studying, notifying his Religion or Caste.

If the person is in Government Service, then copy of service record to be provided.

Copy of Primary or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or the Birth or Death Certificate of the Father.

Copy of the Caste Certificate of the Father/Uncle/Cousin Brother or Sister/other elderly family members or copy of their Birth Certificate. Or if any of above persons are in Government service then, their service record notifying their Religion/Caste.

Copy of Ration Card as Proof of Residence.

A letter from the Registered Society of the Caste, if any.

In a move to allow reservation benefits to a larger section of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) the Revenue/income ceiling limit is likely to be fixed around Rs 5 lakh annually instead of the present Rs 2.5 lakh.

Top experts' rating:   Rate = 3 (8 ratings)
(click on stars to rate)

Thank this advisor   
Response from: Anandabalane P,   
Council Member on
Source: This information comes from my own knowledge.
OBC certificates are issued by the Taluk Office. Ration card copy, old caste certificate copy, and alongwith the other relavant documents U should approach the Taluk Office. VAO->Revenue Inspector -> Dy Tahsildar/Tashildar is the officials to be contacted. I think Rs. 2.00 lakh is the upper income limit.

Top experts' rating:   Rate = 2 (8 ratings)
(click on stars to rate)

Thank this advisor   
Response from: NEERAJA NAVEEN,   
Registered Member on Ask Agent
Source: This information comes from my own knowledge.
go to revenue department in u;r area and contact the people there . they can tell u the correct income limit .or go to muciciple office of u;r area and apply there for obc certificate.

Top experts' rating:   Rate = 1 (4 ratings)
(click on stars to rate)

Thank this advisor   
More Government Advice


Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
Ask Agent™ Tech Support/Help
Contact Us
Advertising Program
About the Ask Agent™ technology
Affiliate Program
Celebrity Queries
Latest Updates

Get the latest queries and responses via  Add Ammas Gadget to your iGoogle
Important Disclaimer: This question and answer system is open to the public. The opinions expressed are those of their individual authors, as attributed beside each item of advice. Neither the authors nor the information they provide are endorsed by this website. We recommend using common sense, making your own inquiries, and, if necessary, seeking professional advice before relying on material generated on this site.

Copyright © 1998 - 2017
Powered by Ask Agent
Patents filed since 2001 -- Request Patent Numbers