Subject: Dear amma i used dried amla,vendhayam,vetiver,karisalangani,chembaruthi,in powder form n boiled it i
Dear amma i used dried amla,vendhayam,vetiver,karisalangani,chembaruthi,in powder form n boiled it in coconut oil i want to know if this can be used immdtly or shud wait for some days will this make my hair loss?please do reply me amma..janani
Hi Janani! Better if u keep this oil including all meterial u boiled in it for 2 or 3 days, and after that u begin to apply it. here are some other home tips for hair loss, which might help you: 1. The most effective among these remedies is a vigorous rubbing of the scalp with the fingers, after washing the hair with cold water. The scalp should be rubbed vigorously till it starts to tingle with heat. This will activate the sebaceous glands and energise the circulation of blood in the affected area, making hair growth healthy.
2. Mustard oil, boiled with henna leaves, is useful in promoting healthy growth of hair. About 250 grams of mustard oil should be boiled in a tin basin. A little quantity of henna leaves should be gradually put in this oil till about 60 grams of these leaves are thus burnt in the oil. The oil should then be filtered through a cloth and stored in a bottle. Regular massage of the head with this oil will produce abundant hair
3. Daily application of refined coconut oil mixed with lime water and lime juice on the hair, prevents loss of hair and lengthens it. Application of the juice of green coriander leaves on the head is also considered beneficial.
4. Another effective home remedy for loss of hair is the application of coconut milk all over the scalp and massaging it into the hair roots. It will nourish the hair and promote hair growth. Coconut milk is prepared by grinding the coconut shavings and squeezing them well.
5. Amla oil, prepared by boiling dry amla pieces in coconut oil, is considered a valuable hair tonic for enriching hair growth. A mixture of equal quantities of fresh amla juice and lime juice used as a shampoo stimulates hair growth and prevents hair loss.
6. Regular use of castor oil as a hair oil helps the luxuriant growth of the hair.
7. Washing the hair with a paste of cooked black gram dhal, (urad dhal) and fenugreek (methi) lengthens the hair. A fine paste made from pigeon pea or red gram (arhar dhal) can also be applied regularly on bald patches, with beneficial results.
8. Certain home remedies have also been found useful in case of patchy loss of hair. The seeds of lime and black pepper seeds, ground to a fine paste, is one of the valuable remedies. This paste applied on the patches, has a mildly irritant action. This increases blood circulation to the affected area and stimulates hair growth. The paste should be applied twice a day for a few weeks.
You can use the oil as soon as you make it .You don't have to wait at all. If you can warm the oil and use it for hair , will be the best . Massage with your fingertips into your scalp. If you plan to shampoo your hair that day massage well into the scalp and hair and see that the oil reaches the end of your hair. Then an hour later you can shampoo your hair with a mild herbal shampoo. If you don't plan to shampoo that day, take some oil in your fingertips and massage your scalp before going to bed. Tie up your hair for the night or plait it. In the morning , comb your hair and style it as you like . All the best.
Dear Janani, Nice to hear from you. It is good to use the above said products in powdered form and boiled in coconut oil. This can be applied as normal oil itself. You need not wait.
Vendayam - gives cooling effect to the head and it also controls split ends. Along with this you can also use curry leaves as it give lustre and colour to your hair.
Apart from these, drink plenty of water and fluids. Eat protein rich food like egg, yoghurt and milk products. Whenever you wash your hair, do not comb when the hair is wet. The danger of hair fall is more when you do that. Use a broad brush to comb your hair. Give steam to your hair every fortnight or on a monthly basis. This could be done by wrapping a hot towel around your head after squeezing the excess water from it. This will open the pores in the scalp and there by improve the blood flow also.
You can start using the oil immediately. Even though all the ingredients you mentioned have beneficial effects, whether the oil will stop you hair loss or not will depend upon your general health condition also. Hair loss is generally an indication of a micro nutrient deficiency or poor health. So, if you are in good health and take balanced diet, the oil will be helpful in reducing the hair loss
you can use it immediately or even after some days. It will not harm your hair. But should not be kept for too long to avoid old oily smell. The preparation would help in preventing hair loss. Never tie your hair very tight to prevent retractive hair loss.
I think this combination is fine,only it is very cooling.So if you have sinusitis or are prone to or you have spondylitis,then keep use to the minimum.
If otherwise,this combination is said to be very effective in prevention of premature greying,hairfall and encourages hair regrowth.Remember to heat it once more after a period of 60 days,if the weather is damp,cos then the oil might develop what is called 'kaaral' and such oil is not deemed good for hair application.This is my mother's advice to me.Good luck.
Get the latest queries and responses via Important Disclaimer: This question and answer system is open to the public. The opinions expressed are those
of their individual authors, as attributed beside each item of advice. Neither the authors nor the information they
provide are endorsed by this website. We recommend using common sense, making your own inquiries, and, if necessary,
seeking professional advice before relying on material generated on this site.