Immigration questions and answers

Invite friends
I want  answers   advisors   relevant links   my network

How it works
Register!          Forgot password?

All Immigration Advice
Unanswered Queries
FileAgent Document Exchange
Council Members
Advisor Rankings
Top Rated Advisors
NameAsk Me Rate (in AA$)
jyothi adiraj N/A
Sencan Topaloglu N/A
desti mona N/A
Prabhakara Rao Kuppi N/A
cindy garner N/A
Amit Agarwal N/A, Ltd N/A
C. Raj, United Kingd $1,000.00   
Lata Verma $10.00   
Mitali G N/A
More Advisors...

Home > Categories > Family and Relations > Immigration  

Latest Immigration Advice  (What's this category about?)

 From:  Sonal, KS,USA, Aug/25/09 submitted on:
Subject:  Miscellaneous
Question:  Hello,I am from India,Presently on H4B visa.As this visa doesnt allow to work,i am getting bored sitting at home ,I wish to do some work .can somebody guide me on this???

Rate = 3 (Rated by 10 Council Members)

sambasivan s,
Council Member
  hallo !

If u r qualified enough to get a good job and ur better half also agrees then u can get ur name registered with consultancy agencies and get H1B and work.

Other option is to spend time

... Full advice ...
Rate = 2 (Rated by 3 Council Members)

Vaibhav ,
Registered Member
  you can not work on H4 visa... u can actually apply for H1 visa through some consultancy and then look for job via same consultancy...

... Full advice ...
Rate = 1.5 (Rated by 2 Council Members)

Kamala Swaminathan,
Council Member

As you correctly said you cannot do any work under H4B.

... Full advice ...
Rate = 0.5 (Rated by 2 Council Members)

 From:  Anonymous, Unknown, Aug/17/09 submitted on:
Subject:  H1-B Visa about to expire in two months
Question:  Hi I got a H1B visa from Oct 2006 - Oct 2009, and I entered the US in 2007 for project. But then since my project got transferred to India development centre, I had to come back to India in Sept 2007.

Since I have two months left on my visa, can I still enter the USA before visa expiry and apply for an extension of visa?

Will it still be possible to transfer my visa to another employer at this point?

Thanks, SP, Hyderabad

Rate = 2 (Rated by 6 Council Members)

True Friend,
Council Member
  Usually, Immigration officials at Port of Entry would not give any problems with two months visa. However, the economic circumstances in US have made lot of changes in rules and regulations.

At p

... Full advice ...
Rate = 2 (Rated by 2 Council Members)

Sreenivas Erigineni,
Council Member
  Ask Agent
  You can enter USA and your employer has to file the extension of your h1 visa. Yes, h1 transfer will be possible if you have 2 payslips and currently you are in project but lot of risk is involved in

... Full advice ...
Rate = 1.5 (Rated by 2 Council Members)

 From:  nanki singh, new delhi, Aug/16/09 submitted on:
Subject:  genuiny of a indian company for immigrating to canada
Question:  how a person can inquire about a comppany's geniny who is helping to immigtrate to canada.

Rate = 2.5 (Rated by 6 Council Members)

sambasivan s,
Council Member
  hALLO !

In these cases veify from people in ur own place - those who have been benefitted or affected. U have to enquire discreetly.

U can also search the name of the company given by them in th

... Full advice ...
Rate = 2.5 (Rated by 2 Council Members)

 From:  ashpak sayed, UAE, Aug/15/09 submitted on:
Subject:  Change of job (in UAE)
Question:  i m working with a company in JAFZA. My visa status is sales manager sponsored by JAFZA but my boss is getting work done of a secretary from me. I am not paid the transport charges for taxi bills whwnever i am sent out for some official work.i m still in probation period. i want to join another company. Do i face a ban if i quit this present job? Can i join a new company under the present visa sponsored by jafza without legal action? Do i need a NOC for doing the same?

Rate = 3 (Rated by 6 Council Members)

sambasivan s,
Council Member
  Hallo !

It is not easy to change employment. This visa has been sponsored by ur present employer and is valid only when u work therein.I think ur passport and other documents must be with the empl

... Full advice ...
Rate = 2 (Rated by 2 Council Members)

 From:  Anonymous, Unknown, Aug/13/09 submitted on:
Subject:  H1B Doubt
Question:  Greetings to everyone of you

Hi, I've applied for an H1B on May 2008 and it was told from the consultancy that it is 'Approved'. But I checked the USCIS web site with the case number and found that the status is still in the following status:


Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

The consultancy is saying that is is approved and they've got the notice and that the USCIS web site is not updated.

They've taken 1 lakh INR from me as a deposit and it is now 1.5 years I am waiting for them and my money in their hand. When I asked for the H1B notice as proof, they told me that I've to sign a paper that they will not work for me any more.

Can I transfer my H1B to a new employer? Is so, should I need to pay to the Consultancy any more money? Or Can they make a block on my plan. I am in a little bit confused.

Please advice me.

Rate = 2.5 (Rated by 5 Council Members)

True Friend,
Council Member
  Dear Anonymous,

I am sorry to hear the problem. Yes, this is 1.5 years old story. You need to have an evidence of your H1B filing (H1B Receipt, also called as I-797C, Notice of Action) because co

... Full advice ...
Rate = 2.5 (Rated by 3 Council Members)

Sri Rama,
Council Member
  First of all, paying for a H1b is illegal and the consultants that charge money can be brought to the attention of DOL Wage and Hour division and they will get you back any payments made for H1b. Look

... Full advice ...
Rate = 2.5 (Rated by 3 Council Members)

sambasivan s,
Council Member
  Hallo !

On reading ur posting I get mesg that the agnecy is not telling u the truth. They have not received the H1B. The agency telling u that they will not work for u any more is an indicat

... Full advice ...
Rate = 2 (Rated by 2 Council Members)

Kamala Swaminathan,
Council Member

H1B is employer specific and you cannot transfer or work for any other company than the one who sponsored and applied for your visa.

... Full advice ...
Rate = 1 (Rated by 1 Council Members)


Page  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26


Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
Ask Agent™ Tech Support/Help
Contact Us
Advertising Program
About the Ask Agent™ technology
Affiliate Program
Celebrity Queries
Latest Updates

Get the latest queries and responses via  Add Ammas Gadget to your iGoogle
Important Disclaimer: This question and answer system is open to the public. The opinions expressed are those of their individual authors, as attributed beside each item of advice. Neither the authors nor the information they provide are endorsed by this website. We recommend using common sense, making your own inquiries, and, if necessary, seeking professional advice before relying on material generated on this site.

Copyright © 1998 - 2017
Powered by Ask Agent
Patents filed since 2001 -- Request Patent Numbers