|Number of servings: 2|
|List of ingredients:|
|100 grams||bengal gram|
|50 grams||small onion|
|1 sp||fenugreek seeds|
|2 sp||channa dal|
|2 sp||bengal gram|
|8 to 10||dry red chillies|
|A small piece||asafoetida|
|3 TO 4||peices of coconut|
|1 piece||cinnamon stick|
|1.Fry fenugreek seeds, channa dal, bengal gram, red chillies, dhaniya and asafoetida each one
2. Grind the fried items with all the other grinding items and keep aside.
3.Add Bengal gram,chopped tomatoes,turmeric powder with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker.
4. In between you can keep all the vegetables in a small vessesl between the dal and cook for 2 whistles.
5.Then after that mix the cooked vegetables and dal together.
6. Mix the grinded Mixture to the cooker. Also add the tamarind extract to it.
7.Heat some oil in a pan ,add some mustard seeds and let it splutter. Then add it to the cooker.
8. Then Boil the above Mixture.
9. Cook the rice with more water so that its soft .
10. Add the boiling mixture to the rice and mix well.Add ghee to it.
11. Serve hot with appalam and chips.