Lemon Ginger Bread
|List of ingredients:|
|55 ||g ||unsalted butter ||
|120 ||g ||chopped candied ginger ||
|2 ||tablespoons ||lemon juice ||
| || ||grated lemon juice ||
|2 || ||eggs ||
|75 ||ml ||milk ||
|170 ||g ||sugar ||
|125 ||g ||all purpose flour ||
|1 ||teaspoon ||baking powder ||
|1 ||teaspoon ||salt ||
|65 ||g ||pecans ||
|75 ||g ||powdered sugar ||
|2 ||teaspoons ||lemon juice ||
|1. Preheat oven to 350 F/180 C.
2. In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter and simmer with the chopped ginger for 1 min ;
set aside to cool.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the zest, eggs, milk.
4. Sift the dry ingredients together, then stir into the batter.
5. Stir in the ginger butter then fold in the pecans.
6. Pour the batter into a lightly oiled 8 inch loaf pan.
7. Center the pan on a baking sheet and bake for 30 to 40 min or until a skewer comes out
8. Place the bread on a rack to cool.
9. Make the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar and the lemon juice.
10. Pierce the bread in several places and ladle on the glaze until fully absorbed.|
Invite Sumana as a friend