Black Forest Dream Pie:
|List of ingredients:|
| || ||single chocolate crust ||
|Chocolate Dream Filling:|
|230 ||g ||semisweet chocolate ||
|225 ||g ||unsalted butter ||
|125 ||ml ||strong coffee ||
|250 ||g ||sugar ||
|675 ||g ||cherry pie filling ||
|1 ||teaspoon ||almond extract ||
|250 ||ml ||heavy cream ||
|40 ||g ||powdered sugar ||
|12 || ||toasted walnuts halves ||
|100 ||g ||chocolate shavings ||
|1. Roll out the chocolate dough to line a lightly oiled deep-dish pie pan and crimp the
2. Prick the bottom with the fork and place the crust in the refrigerator.
3. Preheat oven to 350 F/180 C.
4. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and slice the butter into chunks.
5. In hevay saucepan over low heat, melt butter with the chocolate and coffee.
6. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar until smooth and glossy.
7. Whisk in the eggs one at a time until fluffy incorpoarted.
8. Pour the filling into the prepared crist and bake for 35mins.
9. Cool on a wire rack, then chill ovrenight.
10. Mix the cherry pie filling with the almond extract and spread over the top of the pie.
11. Whip the cream with the powdered sugar to firm peaks and pipe 12 rossettes along the
outer rim of the pie, using a pastry bag.
12. Place a walnut half in the center of each rosette.
13. Decorate with chocolate shavings.
14. Serve chilled.|
|Any additional information:|
|This pie needs to chill overnight before the topping is added, so be sure to start
preparation the day before you plan to serve it.|
Invite Sumana as a friend