Tiramimsu of my dreams
|Cooking time: 4 hrs 30 min|
|Number of servings: 12|
|List of ingredients:|
|6 || ||egg yolks ||
|85 ||g ||sugar ||
|125 ||ml ||frangelico or hazelnut-flavoured syrup ||
|450 ||g ||mascarpone cheese ||
|500 ||ml ||heavy cream ||
|115 ||g ||powdered sugar ||
|1 ||teaspoon ||vanilla extract ||
|30 ||g ||crushed toasted hazelnuts ||
|50 ||g ||flakes semisweet chocolate ||
|125 ||ml ||freshly brewed espresso, coled ||
|50 ||ml ||amaretto or amaretoo-flavoured syrup ||
|1 || ||chocolate pound cake ||
| || ||chocolate shavings or cocoa ||
|1. To make the sabayon, whip the egg yolks with the sugar until thick and yellow, about 5
2. Place over a bowl of lightly simmering water and whisk in the Frangelico or syrup
until the misture triples in volumne and holds soft peaks, about 3 min.
3. Remove from the heat and continue whipping until the mixture has cooled, approximately
4. Beat the mascarpone for 1 min to lighten, then set aside.
5. Whip the cream with the powdered sugar and vanilla extract to soft peaks.
6. Add the mascarpone and whip until the mixture holds stiff peaks.
7. Whip with hazelnuts and chocolate until evenly dispersed.
Note : If you can't find mascarpone, use this substitute : Beat 11 ounces (330 g) of
cream cheese with ¾ cup (175 ml) heavy cream and refrigerate for 1 day before using.
8. To assemble, mix the espresso and Amaretto.
9. Slice half of the cake into ¼ inch (4 mm) strips. (The other half of cake is not
needed for this dish.)
10. Arrange one layer to cover the bottom of a 13 X 9 X 3 inch cake pan.
11. Brush on half of the coffee mixture.
12. Layer half of the mascarpone on top.
13. Spread half of the Frangelico Sabayon to cover.
14. Repeat the process with second layer.
15. Sprinkle generously with grated chocolate or dust with cocoa powder.
16. Refrigerate for atlest 4 hours to allow flavors to blend.|
Invite Sumana as a friend