|Cooking time: 1 hrs 15 min|
|Number of servings: 1|
| This sweet dough is perfect for pies and
|List of ingredients:|
|Single Crust for pie or four 4-inch tartlets:|
| ||155g ||all purpose flour ||
| ||30g ||sugar ||
| ||125g ||unsalted butter ||
| ||1 ||egg yolk, lightly beaten ||
| ||2-3 tablespoons ||ice water ||
|1. Place steel blade in food processor and ix the flour and usgar for 15 seconds.
2. Cut the cold butter into small almond-size pieces and process with the flour in short
on and off motions until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Continue with the on and off motions while first slowly dripping in the egg yolks,
then the chilled water.
4. Processing should not exceed 30 secs; do not allow dough to form into a ball.
5. Test the dough by pinching firmly between fingers: if the mixture congeals into a
dough like consistency, turn it out onto a piece of clear food wrap and press into a ball.
6. Fold the wrap around the dough and press firmly into a flat disk.
7. Refrigerate for 30-45mins or until fully chilled; the dough should be soft and pliable.
8. If it becomes too firm, allow it to rest at room temperature until it is easy to roll
9. Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of waxed paper.
10. Peel off the top sheet pf waxed paper. Then turn the dough onto a lightly oiled pie
dish or tart pan.
11. Trim off excess dough and shape into desired form.
12. Pierce the dough in several places with a fork.
13. Prheat oven tp 400 F/ 200 C.
14. Prepare the chilled dough as directed above.
15. Gently mold a piece of aluminium foil to cover; weigh the dough down with dried beans
so that the crust will maitain its shape.
16. Bake for 15mins or until the edges of the crust ebgin to appear crisp, thne remove
from the oven.
17. Reduce the oven temp to 350 F/ 180 C.
18. For fully-vaked shells, remove the weights and continue baking until the crust us
light amber, another 10-20mins.
19. For half-baked shells, do not retuen to the oven after removing the weights.
20. Cool on a wire rack.|
|Any additional information:|
|1. Cinnamon or finely grated lemon or orange zest may be added for additional flavor.
2. You may also replace the water with fruit juice for extra flavor.|
Invite Sumana as a friend