|Cooking time: 2 hrs 30 min|
|Number of servings: 40|
|List of ingredients:|
| ||150g ||unsweetened chocolate ||
| ||225g ||margarine ||
| ||500g ||sugar ||
| ||4 ||eggs ||
| ||125g ||all purpose flour ||
| ||1 teaspoon ||baking soda ||
| ||1 teaspoon ||salt ||
| ||1 teaspoon ||vanilla extract ||
| ||125g ||toasted and skinned hazelnuts ||
| ||10g ||all purpose flour ||
| ||50ml ||light corn syrup ||
| ||1 tablespoon ||maple extract ||
| ||55g ||unsalted butter ||
| ||100g ||powdered sugar ||
| ||180g ||semi sweet chocolate ||
| ||50ml ||heavy cream ||
| ||30g ||unsalted butter ||
| ||25ml ||light corn syrup ||
|1. Preheat oven to 400 F / 200 C
2. To make the brownies melt the chocolate with margarine in a heavy saucepan over low
heat stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and whisk in the sugar, then whisk in the eggs one at a time,
followed by vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, soda and salt, then fold into the
5. Pour into a lightly oiled 13 X 9 inch cake pan and bake for 30 - 40 min or until the
center is set but still soft.
6. Cool on a rack.
7. To make the butter cream, process the hazelnuts and flour to a fine grind (the flour
will help to keep the nuts from expelling oil).
8. Mix with the corn syrup and maple extract until blended.
9. Set aside for 30 min.
10. In a separate bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
11. Mix with the hazelnut paste until fully mixed.
12. To begin assembly spread the hazelnut butter cream over the brownies and refrigerate
for 30 min.
13. Meanwhile make the glaze by gently melting the chocolate with the heavy cream and
14. Whisk in the corn syrup until fully blended.
15. Remove the brownies from the refrigerator, pour the chocolate glaze over them,
covering the hazelnut butter cream, then return pan to the refrigerator for an additional
16. Sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts, cut into finger sized pieces.|
Invite Sumana as a friend