Shortbread Lemon Cups
|List of ingredients:|
| ||75g ||unsalted butter ||
| ||110g ||superfine sugar ||
| ||2 tablespoons ||heavy cream ||
| ||1 tablespoon ||vanilla extract ||
| ||250g ||all purpose flour ||
| ||25g ||cornstarch ||
| ||250g ||sugar ||
| ||250ml ||lemon juice ||
| || ||finely grated zest of 4 lemons ||
| ||4 ||egg yolks ||
| ||30g ||unsalted butter ||
|. Beat the butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Mix in the cream, vanilla, then the flour until well blended.
3. Chill the dough for 30 min
4. Preheat the oven to 325 F / 160 C
5. Generously oil several 1 ¾ inch flutted tins and press a very thin layer of dough to
cover the inside of each mold, making a deep well in the center.
6. Bake for about 15 min or until the center is set.
7. The shortbread will puff a little while baking.
8. Cool slightly and remove from the tins by wedging a toothpick under one side.
9. Make the lemon curd.
10. In a heavy sauce pan over medium heat, whisk the corn starch, sugar, lemon juice and
zest until thick.
11. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks.
12. In a steady stream, pour the hot lemon juice over the yolk mixture while whisking
13. Return to heat and cook until thick while continuing to whisk.
14. Run mixture through a sieve.
15. Add butter, stirring until well blended and refrigerate until cold.
16. To assemble, spoon a dollop of lemon curd and decorate as desired or sprinkle powder
Invite Sumana as a friend