Guththi Vankaya Curry (stuffed binjal)
| Guththi vankaya is a well known curry in
Andhra. For most of the festivals and
occassions this curry is made.
|List of ingredients:|
| ||2 medium sized ||brinjals ||
| || ||for stuffing: ||
| ||2 tablespoons ||corriander seeds ||
| ||10 tablespoons ||black gram ||
| || ||dried red chiliies ||
| || ||salt to taste ||
| || ||oil to cook ||
|1. Slit the brinjals with their stalks, by 3/4 without cutting them completely,into 4.
The stuffing will be inserted in the gap formed by slitting the brinjal.
2. Heat oil in a kadai and place the brinjals in the oil.
3. Cook in low flame by covering the kadai with a lid and by turning the brinjals in all
the 4 directions so that the brinjal gets well cooked.
4. When the brinjal is cooked stuff the brinjals.
5. Inoder to stuff, fry the corrinader seeds and black gram and dried red chillies and
grind them into a paste ina mixie, by adding salt accordinly.
6. Stuff the brinjals and cook them again in the oil for 5 mins in low flame by covering
the vessel with a lid.
7. Server hot.|
Invite Sumana as a friend