| Special devapavali dish made in all
|List of ingredients:|
| || ||rice flour(2 cups) ||
| || ||jaggery(powdered-1 cup) ||
| || ||water(1/2 cup) ||
| || ||cardomom powder(1 tsp) ||
| || ||ghee(1/2 tsp) ||
| || ||oil to fry ||
|Melt the jaggery in water till it reaches the desired consistency.(see
test for consistency below).
Add cardomom & ghee to the gravy and mix again.
Make the mixture into flat patties and deep fry in oil. |
Test for the right consistency :
1. If you put a little melted jaggery in a little water, it should
roll up into a soft ball.
2. If you hit the ball on the vessel, it should produce a metallic
3. Immediately turn the stove off and pour it on the flour.
4. Mix well..it becomes a thick gravy.
5. Even if the gravy is watery, it will harden eventually on
|1. The whole deep frying process should be done on low heat.
2. The gravy can be refrigerated in an air-tight container and can be
used for making fresh adhirasams for about a week's time.|
Thank you for visiting Ammas.com