Instant Potato Peas Rice
| This simple rice dish can be made in a
jiffy. It is tasty and does not require
tedious preparation. This dish can be made
for lunch or dinner and can even be made
|List of ingredients:|
|2 ||cups ||basmati rice ||
|31/2 ||cups ||water ||
|1 ||in number ||potato ||
|1/2 ||cup ||fresh green peas (or frozen green peas) ||
|1/2 ||tsp ||turmeric powder (haldi) ||
|1 ||tsp ||red chilli powder ||
|1 ||tsp ||ginger-garlic paste ||
|1 ||tsp ||dhaniya (coriander) powder ||
|1 ||tsp ||cumin seeds ||
|1/2 ||tsp ||garam masala powder ||
|2 ||tbsp ||oil ||
|1 ||tsp ||salt (or to taste) ||
1. Wash the Basmati rice and soak in water for about 15 minutes. After that drain the
water and keep aside.
2. Peel the potato and chop into big cubes.
3. In a pressure pan or pressure cooker, heat the oil. Add the cumin seeds and ginger-
garlic paste. Saute for 1 minute.
4. Then add the green peas, dhaniya powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
5. Then add the chopped potato and soaked, drained rice. Saute for 5 minutes.
6. Then add 3.5 cups of water and cover the pressure pan/cooker with the cooker lid and
allow to cook for 1 whistle.
7. Turn off the stove and cool until all the pressure dissipates.
8. Open the lid, add the garam masala powder and mix well and gently. Make sure that the
rice grains do not break while mixing.
9. Serve hot with raita or dal.|
|Tastes best when fresh. Great lunch box idea. If refrigerated, re-heat before serving.|
|Any additional information:|
|Instead of adding potato, to improvise you may add 1 cup of cauliflower florets.|
Thank you for visiting Ammas.com