Quick & Easy Pulao
|Number of servings: 4|
Pulav with Tomato Raita.
|The word Pulao comes from the Persian word "pullo" which describes any rice that is cooked with spices and herbs, meat, poultry, sea-food, vegetables and lot of other ingredients. This is tasty, easy and quick to make. I am sure that you will love it.|
|List of ingredients:|
|2 teaspoon||red chili powder||16|
|4 Teaspoon||coriander powder||20|
|1/2 teaspoon||garam masala||6.3|
|1/2 cup (75gms)||peas green||145|
|1/2 cup, strips or slices||carrots||122|
|1/2 cup (82gms)||lima beans or double beans||82|
|1/2 cup, cut into small strips||green beans||55|
|2 cup||basmati rice||158|
|4 - 5||cloves||2.1|
|1 leaf (4gms)||bay leaves||4|
|1 cup (60gms)||mint leaves||60|
|1. Wash rice and spread it on paper. Peel one elachi(not full) and put it in rice and let
rice dry for 10 minutes.|
2. Heat pressure cooker with 3 tsp of ghee and 3 tsp of oil. Once its hot add clove, cinnamon, cashew, mint leaves and fry for few mintutes.
3. Add vegetables and fry for 3 minutes.
3. Add masala powders and fry till vegetables are coated (approximatelt fry for 3 minutes).
4. Add rice and fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add water and close the lid. Keep in medium flame without weight for 5 minutes and then keep weight for 3 minutes.
6. Once steam is gone, transfer into different vessel and put lemon juice and decorate with chopped coriander leaves.
7. Serve with tomato raita.
|Any additional information:|
|Pulao would taste good if you use fresh vegetables instead of frozen vegetabless because
when you are using frozen vegetables all vegetables gets mashed.|
It also tastes great next day.
|Other recipes that go well with this one:||Yogurt Chutney