Recent Recipes Advice
|Q:||Recipe for ZAFRANI KOFTA
-- Anonymous, USA 01/08/04
cashew filled koftas in cashewnut and fresh cream gravy.
Preparation time ([days] hrs:min): 01:00
No. of servings: 6
2. Cut the sides of the bread and dip in water. Squeeze out the water and add the above mixture and mash it till its smooth. Make around 8 to 10 balls.
3. For the filling, heat 2 tsp ghee in a pan. Add the chopped onion and ginger and fry till golden brown.
4. Add cashew, salt, garam masala and chilli pd. Remove for the fire.
5. Flatten the balls of panner mixture. Put 1 tsp of the onion fillings and one raisin in each ball. Form a ball again.
6. Roll all the balls in maida till its fully covered.Deep fry 2 to 3 koftas at a timein hot oil and keep aside.
7. Grind onion ginger,and dry red chilli to fine paste.
8. Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a deep panand add the onion paste. To that add bay leaves and cardamom. Cook on low flame till the onions turns transparent and ghee separates. Dont let the onion turn brown.
9. Add curd. Cook for about 5 to 7 mins till the masala turns brown again.
10. Add milk mixed with water to make a gravy. Boil. simmer on low flame for about 5 mins.
11. Add kesar, keeping the aside a little for garnishing.
12. Add fresh cream, Mix well. Add a pinch of sugar if the curd added was little sour. Remove from fire.
12. To serve boil gravy. Add koftas. Keep a low heat for 1/2 min. serve immediately with soaked kesar.