Vegetable Noodles (Indo-Chinese Style)
Vegetable noodles is one of my favourite dishes. I learnt the art of making good noodles from my mom. Her noodles turn out so perfect and they taste the same everytime she makes them. My friend Shabna also makes great noodles, seems like her noodles just taste like my mom's. This is an authentic recipe and the order in which you add the ingredients is important. Enjoy!
Preparation time ([days] hrs:min): 00:20
Cooking time ([days] hrs:min): 00:25
No. of servings: 3
Vegetable Noodles (Indo-Chinese style)
List of ingredients:
- 2 packets egg noodles or plain noodles
- 1 in number capsicum (bell pepper) - chopped in to long pieces
- 2 in number carrots - chopped into long pieces
- 1 cup green beans (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 cup green onions or spring onions (chopped fine)
- 1/2 cup onion - chopped fine
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 pinch ajinomoto or msg (this is optional)
- 1 tsp white vinegar (this is optional)
- 2 in number eggs - scrambled in 1 tsp butter (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp oil
Method: First heat a large amount of water in a big pan. Heat until the water is boiling, then add the noodles, 1 tsp of oil and mix. Boil until the noodles are almost done. Turn off the stove and drain the water in a colander. Spread the noodles on a large plate, add 1 tsp oil and mix well. Allow to cool. Heat a pan or a wok. Add the oil. When the oil is hot add the ginger-garlic paste and chopped onions and saute for about 4 minutes. Then add the beans and carrots and saute until teh vegetables are half cooked. Then add the spring onions and capsicum or bell pepper and saute for another 5 more minutes. Mix well. Then add the soya sauce, vinegar, ajinomoto and pepper powder. Mix well. Add the noodles and scrambled eggs and mix well. Reduce the heat to med-low and mix well. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Can be refrigerated for 2 days. Great lunch box idea.
To make the noodles in a more Indian style you may add 1 tsp sambar masala powder instead of pepper powder. Garnish with chopped cilantro/coriander leaves and serve hot. Vegetarians may omit the egg if needed.