Recent Recipes Advice
|Q:||Recipe for Train Curry (Manju's Version)
-- Anonymous, USA 01/08/04
Train Curry (Manju's Version)
If you ever travelled through the trains in North India you might have eaten at the stations. Puri served with hot gravy curry. The curry is usually very gravied and barely any potatoes and chick peas in it. But the flavor, freshnes and the travel hunger make you love it especially if you are lucky to get it hot. List of ingredients: Qty Measure Ingredient Wt.(gms)
Preparation time ([days] hrs:min): 00:10
No. of servings: 1
2. Cut onions into fine small pieces.
3. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large deep vessel.
4. Add onions - stir fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add the masala. Stir fry for half a minutes.
6. Add about 5 cups of water. Bring to boil.
7. Mix the potatoes and chick peas. Take a portion (1 cup of this mixture and mash it a little. Add to the boiling water.
8. Now add the rest of the potatos and chick peas to the vessel. Add salt to taste. Cook covered for 5-8 minutes on medium.
Serve hot with chapatis or rice.